Your Inner Circle is a safety network for your friends and family. In this version, we made some improvements to help you better protect each other:
• When one of your Inner Circle connections broadcasts video, you’ll now immediately get a notification.
• When a major crime or other emergency happens near one of your Inner Circle connections, the notification you receive will now include the person’s estimated distance from the incident.
• When you receive an Inner Circle request, you’ll see a badge on the Citizen app icon indicating the number of pending requests you haven't yet responded to. When you open the app, you’ll also see a badge on the safety network icon in the top left corner.
BUG FIXES & OTHER IMPROVEMENTS
• We fixed an issue where some messages shown while broadcasting would be positioned incorrectly and difficult to read.
• We fixed an issue where buttons on the incident details page would appear with the incorrect size on certain devices.
Joining the Citizen safety network will give you instant access to information about crimes near you. The Citizen technology will send you real-time push notifications to alert you of crimes that are close by. Users write to us every day telling us how Citizen is changing how they engage with their neighborhoods. Citizen notifications have prompted users to evacuate burning buildings, deter school buses from departing a school during a nearby terrorist attack, or even rescue their neighbor’s baby locked in a hot car.
You may receive a notification of a crime in progress before the police have responded. This app is meant to keep you safe and protect you. Please use Citizen responsibly.
Real-time Alerts: Location-based notifications help you avoid potentially dangerous situations.
Live Video: Go live from the scene or watch an incident unfold from different angles.
Incident Details: Receive continuous updates on incidents and chat with other Citizen users.